Espresso is looking for a full-time content writer to join our coffee-fueled family of collaborative creatives. This position is for the deadline-driven lover of all things word and grammar, and the detail-obsessed generator of new concepts and ideas. A formal education or equivalent experience in creative writing, technical writing, copywriting, content writing, journalism, marketing, advertising or other writing-related fields is preferred.
As our content writer, your responsibilities include the following:
Create marketing copy that effectively relays the brand’s message and achieves the company’s marketing needs and goals.
- Write and create content for a variety of mediums, including print and digital, and employ a variety of writing styles, including technical writing, creative writing and editorial writing.
- Match the voice and style of your writing to the brand of each individual client.
- Manage freelance writers to enhance productivity and content creation abilities.
- Follow brand style guides and employ strict editing for proper grammar, sentence structure and AP Stylebook adherence.
- Actively exercise responsiveness and timeliness when communicating with clients.
- Make revisions to content in order to meet the needs of the client, incorporating client feedback to better meet their content needs.
- Consult with sales, media and marketing representatives to obtain information on product or service and discuss style and length of advertising copy.
- Develop advertising campaigns for a wide range of clients, working with our in-house creative director to determine the best way to present advertising information.
- Write articles, bulletins, press releases, newsletters, speeches, website content, blog posts, social media and other related informative, marketing and promotional material.
- Conduct interviews and research in order to determine the marketing information that should be the point of focus in the content. Take the concepts and craft them into a clever composition of purposefully positioned words and characters.
- Invent brand names for products and write company taglines and slogans. Create content for promotional materials, such as packaging, brochures, handouts, newsletters, etc.
- Review advertising trends, consumer surveys, and other data regarding marketing of goods and services to determine the best way to promote products.
- Responsibly manage a schedule to meet all content deadlines for client projects.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment. Ability to quickly process a lot of information from various companies and industries and turn it into well-written marketing content.
- Exercise the ability to work independently and be self motivated to finish projects under certain deadlines while also being an important piece of a constantly moving and developing team.
Espresso is the in-house advertising agency for Kaspar Companies and its eight subsidiaries: BEDROCK Truck Beds, Texas Precious Metals, iota Outdoors, Horizon Firearms, Silverback Homes, Kaspar Manufacturing, Truckfitters and Ranch Hand. We refer to ourselves as the marketing arm, but our range of capabilities is not confined to the marketing industry’s typical menu of services. In a single month, we will work on a diverse list of creative projects, company rebrands, website creation, print deliverables, retail store and office design, custom photography, film script development, trade show booth preparation and more.
Espresso team members operate out of the corporate headquarters in Shiner, Texas, as well as a satellite office in College Station, Texas. The content writer position could be based in either location.
To submit an application for the full-time content writer position at Espresso, email the following materials to email@example.com:
- Cover letter
- A variety of writing samples. Please include at least one example from a published source or a freelance project. You do not need to send more than five examples.